Recent LPVFR News:
- Nov 25, 2014: Monterey Bay Unified Air Pollution Control District's backyard burn permit website is up and running for the 2014/15 season. If you're in Santa Cruz County and want to burn vegetation once the season opens, you can now start the permit process online.
- Nov 24, 2014: $125K matching grant announced to assist with the purchase of the water tender. See LoveMeTender.info for all the details.
- Nov 23, 2014: Structure fire on Summit Road. Picture and short video now on Photos & Incident Descriptions page.
- Nov 20, 2014: The Santa Cruz County Backyard Burn Rules page has been completely revised based on additional research and conversations with Cal Fire and MBUAPCD employees.
- Nov 20, 2014: Two Cal Fire press releases relating to the burn ban being lifted:
- Nov 16, 2014: A Santa Cruz Sentinel article mistakenly gave the impression that because the Santa Cruz County Burn Ban was lifted on Nov 17, backyard burn season has started as well. That is not true. Burn season won't start until at least Dec 1. See the Santa Cruz County Backyard Burn Rules for the best information we have about burn season at this time.
- Nov 15, 2014: Small brush fire in Lompico near Zayante. See Photos & Incident Descriptions for details.
- Nov 10, 2014: New MNN article available here: Family Disaster Plan. This will appear in the December MNN, but you can see it here first.
- Nov 2014: This website is being updated regularly now. Most recently a lot of new entries in the Links & Information page.
See the Contact Us page to send questions & suggestions to the webmaster