Today's Fire Danger
The Love Me Tender Campaign is a success!
We reached the fundraising goal!
For information about the purchase of the
new water tender, visit
Older news items are archived here.
- Jun 28, 2015: The San Mateo / Santa Crux Cal Fire unit has issued a burn ban for all of the State Responsibility Area (which includes all of the LPVFR response area) it serves, beginning Jun 29, 2015. The proclamation (pdf) and press release (pdf) provide all the details.
- Jun 25, 2015: As July 4th approaches remember that fireworks are illegal in all of Santa Clara county, and most of Santa Cruz County. The drought has made our vegetation drier than usual, and the risk of fire from any firework is substantial. If you want to see fireworks this year, please go see a professionally run show rather than set any off yourself. Thank you!
- Jun 9, 2015: A huge thank you to everyone who joined us for, donated to, or helped out with the LPVFR Annual BBQ!
- Jun 7, 2015: The LPVFR Annual BBQ! 11am - 4pm. Please come join us at the play field on Summit Road, across from CT English School, for our annual celebration and fundraiser. Lots of games for the kids, food, a CalStar helicopter, and an amazing raffle. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Apr 30, 2015: Backyard burn season ends today in Santa Cruz County. Usually it will re-open again on Dec 1, conditions permitting.
See the Contact Us page to send questions & suggestions to the webmaster